Sunday 3 November 2013

Ch ch changes

Writing from the free iPad in my hotel room in Ho Chi Minh City. I have officially made the transition from English teacher/cultural ambassador/halfhearted role model to footloose vagabond. I will be traveling for the next six weeks from Vietnam to Thailand to Myanmar to China. I'll have about a week in each of the first three places and three weeks in China. I still owe readers a few posts; I wanted to write one about life outside the apartment, one on crazy animal adventures, and one sappy end of Fulbright post. Alas, the time crunch of settling all my final odds and ends, final meetings,  socializing with dear friends whom I won't see for awhile, and a very badly-timed 24 hour stomach bug have pushed those dreams into the future. I'm traveling sans laptop and therefore can't do much blogging until I come home on December 17. For now I'll say that my emotions haven't quite caught up with me amidst all these big life changes.

 For once I'm staying not at a hostel but at a hotel that can only be described as humorously opulent. I'm awaiting the arrival of my long suffering boyfriend, Mark, who has just spent a few days in Tokyo on his way to meet me here. The revelation of the long distance boyfriend at this point in the blog may seem like a cheap plot device to add dramatic tension, but I assure you I was just too shy to mention him until it seemed unavoidable. That's all for now. Expect sporadic and poorly typed updates via kindle with no pictures. Thanks for reading all these many crazy months, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment